[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  17/MAR/2005 12:26 PM
Assunto:  Re: Tom - glasses

Mensagem:  Okay. Imagine you have eyeglasses that do not have those nose pieces. The part that touches your nose is curved like a bell. One side slopes down the right side of your nose and the left side slopes down the other side of your nose. If you have a skinny nose like me then you need eyeglass frames with a very narrow opening between the two plastic parts (sides of the bell) that go from the top of your nose to the right and left under the eyeglass lens. There are not many eyeglass frames made for people with narrow noses. So, they make pads to glue onto the frame. Some are rolled. Imagine a piece of rolled pasta being bent and glued into the curve inside the bell. It fills up the space and then the eyeglasses fit. The furled style is to have the plastic roll cut lengthwise...from one end to the other....sort of like taking piece of a garden hose and cutting it in a straight line from one end to the other. Then you open this piece of plastic and place it over the edge of the eyeglass frame where it goes up one side of the nose, across the bridge of the nose and then back down the other side. This is glued into place. It is much harder to break off than the one just glued on. I'll try and get some images to show you. to furl something is enrolar. The eyeglass frame is covered with the foam/plastic or whatever material is used to cushion the frames on the nose.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
"Glasses for children..."  –  Ricky  17/MAR/2005, 9:01 AM
Re:  –  Webmaster - EMB -  17/MAR/2005, 9:34 AM
Re:  –  Tom  17/MAR/2005, 9:58 AM
Re: Tom - glasses  –  Ricky  17/MAR/2005, 10:41 AM
 Re: Tom - glasses  –  Tom  17/MAR/2005, 12:26 PM
Okay you owe me big time now  –  Tom  17/MAR/2005, 12:34 PM
Re: Okay you owe me big time now  –  Ricky  17/MAR/2005, 3:00 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K