[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  27/MAR/2005 5:39 PM
Assunto:  Re: To Tom

Mensagem:  Well, this is not something I think about....it just happens because when I was a kid I had good teachers. Take a look at these charts stolen from a German web site. They should give you an idea of when to change he, she or it. English Grammar - Long forms and short forms to be affirmative negative long form short form long form short form I am I'm I am not I'm not you are you're you are not you aren't or you're not he is he's he is not he isn't or he's not she is she's she is not she isn't or she's not it is it's it is not it isn't or it's not we are we're we are not we aren't or we're not you are you're you are not you aren't or you're not they are they're they are not they aren't or they're not have got affirmative negative long form short form long form short form I have got I've got I have not got I've not got or I haven't got you have got you've got you have not got you've not got or you haven't got he has got he's got he has not got he's not got or he hasn't got she has got she's got she has not got she's not got or she hasn't got it has got it's got it has not got it's not got or it hasn't got we have got we've got we have not got we've not got or we haven't got you have got you've got you have not got you've not got or you haven't got they have got they've got they have not got they've not got or they haven't got had affirmative long form short form I, you, he, she, it had none we, you, they had none negative long form short form I, you, he, she, it had not I, you, he, she, it hadn't we, you, they had not we, you, they hadn't to do affirmative negative long form short form long form short form I, you do none I, you do not I, you don't he, she,it does none he, she,it does not he,she,it doesn't we, you, they do none we, you, they do not we, you, they don't did affirmative long form short form I, you, he, she, it did none we, you, they did none negative long form short form I, you, he, she, it did not I, you, he, she, it didn't we, you, they did not we, you, they didn't Modals (can, could, must, might, will, would, shall, should, ought to) affirmative negative long form short form long form short form can - cannot can't could - could not couldn't must - must not mustn't might - might not mightn't need - need not needn't will 'll will not won't would 'd would not wouldn't shall 'll shall not shan't should 'd should not shouldn't ought to - ought not to oughtn't to The short forms 's and 'd have two different long forms: he's = he is or he has he'd = he would or he had We use short forms after names and nouns.Peter has got a book. = Peter's got a book.The children have visited London. = The children've visited London.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
To Tom  –  Helder  27/MAR/2005, 1:49 PM
 Re: To Tom  –  Tom  27/MAR/2005, 5:39 PM
Re: To Tom  –  Helder  27/MAR/2005, 7:06 PM
Re: To Tom  –  Tom  27/MAR/2005, 7:21 PM
Re: To Tom  –  Helder  27/MAR/2005, 7:33 PM
Re: To Tom  –  Luciana  27/MAR/2005, 7:36 PM
Re: To Tom  –  val  27/MAR/2005, 7:43 PM
Re: To Tom  –  Luciana  28/MAR/2005, 12:31 AM
Re: To Tom  –  Elsa  27/MAR/2005, 7:37 PM