[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  02/ABR/2005 4:21 PM
Assunto:  quanto tanto para a Ana M

Mensagem:  Okay, Here are some ways to use quanto and tanto. There must be many more but this should help you a bit. Quanto, quanta (adj, pronoun) all that, everything that, as many as, as much as, as far as In plural form: all those who, all those which Interrogative: how much? Plural: how many? Adverb: how greatly quanto a, as for quanto a isso, as to that; for that matter quanto a mim, as for me; as I am concerned qanto antes, as soon as possible, right away, at once quanto é, How much is it? quanto mais, let alone tanto mais (noun here), the more (noun)the better quanto mais barato, melhor the cheaper, the better quanto mais cedo, melhor the earlier, the better quanto mais comprido, mais pesado the longer, the heavier quanto mais, tanto melhor the more, the better quanto mais (tem), mais (quer) the more (he has), the more (he wants) quanto mais trabalho, menos ganho The more I work, the less I earn. quanto menos, much less, let alone quantos menos, melhor the less, the better quanto tempo faz que (você não joga tennis)? How long is it since (you played tennis)? Quantas vezes? How many times? Quantos são? How many are there? Quantos somos? How many are we? tanto quanto as much as, as far as tão quanto, as much as tão boa, quanto linda as good as she is beautiful todos quantos, everyone who, all who tudo quanto everything that Tanto (adj., fern. tanta) so much, as much; (p1.) so many, so much; odd (left over, indeterminate). Vinte e tantos, twenty odd (adv.) so, to such a degree, in such a manner; so much; so often; (in.) sum, quantity tanto assim que, so much so that. tanto como, as much as. tanto (êle) como (eu) estâvamos là, Both (he) and (I) were there. tanto faz que, it makes no difference whether. tanto mais quanto (que), all the more because. tanto mais (tem) quanto mais (quer), The more (she has), the more (she wants). tanto melhor, so much the better; all the better. tanto pior, so much the worse. por tanto, as between this and that; things being equal. tanto quanto, as much as, so far as tantos quantos, as many as. tanto que, so much that tanto se me dá, It’s all the same to me. tanto tempo, so long (a time) tanto um como outro, both of them; the one as well as the other tantos dêstes como daquêles, as many of these as of those tantas vezes, so many times, so often tanto um como outro, as much one as the other; both one and the other. a fôlhas tantos, at a given moment; lit., on such and such a page. a tantas horas, at such and such a time. agua mole em pedra dura, tanto bate ate que fura, Dripping water bores the stone. algum tanto, a little, somewhat. duzentos e tantos, two hundred odd. là para tantas da noite, sometime during the night. não é tanto assirn, It is not as bad as all that. outro tanto, as much again. outros tantos, as many again; as many more. quanto mais (... )—mais (... ), the more (. . . ), the more ... se tanto, at most, if that much. um tanto, somewhat, a little, to a degree. um tanto ou quanto (importante), more or less (important). um homem e tanto, quite a man! uns tantos, a few. I didn't have time to put all of these into sentences. Just file'm away for reference.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 quanto tanto para a Ana M  –  Tom  02/ABR/2005, 4:21 PM
Re: quanto tanto para a Ana M  –  Ana M  02/ABR/2005, 4:52 PM
Re: quanto tanto para a Ana M  –  Tom  02/ABR/2005, 5:14 PM
Re: quanto tanto para a Ana M  –  Ana M  02/ABR/2005, 11:28 PM
Re: quanto tanto para a Ana M  –  Tom  03/ABR/2005, 1:11 AM
Re: quanto tanto para a Ana M  –  Ana M  03/ABR/2005, 2:23 PM
Re: quanto tanto para a Ana M  –  Tom  03/ABR/2005, 2:42 PM
Re: quanto tanto para a Ana M  –  Ana M  03/ABR/2005, 11:05 PM
Re: quanto tanto para a Ana M  –  Alexandre  04/ABR/2005, 7:33 AM