[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  06/ABR/2005 12:51 PM
Assunto:  Re: Quebra-galho

Mensagem:  I always wanted to know how to say "quebra-galho" in English. For instance: - O conserto da geladeira foi apenas um quebra-galho. - Vocês podem me quebrar um galho com esse tópico? ***** A quebra-galho is a "quick fix" which means it's okay for a short time but needs better repairs later on. If you are talking with a friend and she asks "Me da um quebra-galho com mey dever de casa." she is asking you to "give her a hand" or which means to help her. She doesn't want you to do it but just to help out. Another question, is there any slang for "gostosa" regarding to women? - Luana Piovani é uma mulher sensual e "gostosa"! ***** There must be a thousand words: pleasing, delightful, delicious, cute, good looker, etc. If so can I use the same slang for men too? ******* Men don't like to be called cute but sometimes they are. Some of the words are hunk, handsome, etc. If the guy is really nice and good looking you might hear the girl talking about him say something like "I'd like him to be the father of my children."

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Quebra-galho  –  Daniela  06/ABR/2005, 8:35 AM
 Re: Quebra-galho  –  Tom  06/ABR/2005, 12:51 PM
Re: Quebra-galho  –  Ana M  06/ABR/2005, 1:23 PM
gorgeous  –  Johannes  06/ABR/2005, 2:12 PM
Re: gorgeous  –  Ana M  06/ABR/2005, 2:19 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K