[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana M
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  07/ABR/2005 1:33 PM
Assunto:  To André Oliveira - verbos reflexivos

Mensagem:  Alo André! Possa você me dar algumas amostras em português usando os verbos DOER e MACHUCAR. My problem is that I never learned the reflexive verbs in Portuguese, though I used to understand them in Spanish (a mi megusta, a ti tegustas, etc.). I am trying to prepare myself to be able to translate someone who would use the verb DOER regarding an injury and someone who would use the verb MACHUCAR regarding an injury. My dictionary says "doer-se" would not be used in this sense, so I want to make sure I don't translate anything using the verb DOER to mean "to pity, take pity on someone." Is one verb used more than the other to express to hurt oneself, to injure onself? If possible, could you give me sample sentenceS using both DOER and MACHUCAR for each of these sentences: "I hurt my foot yesterday." "My knee has been hurting me since last week." "Don't do that, it hurts my sore hand." "She ran so fast, her shins hurt now." I hope this isn't too much to ask. You have been so helpful. I have all the "rules and regulations," but sample sentences sometimes make things easier to understand. Eu lhe agradeçarei muitíssimo se possa me ajudar. Um abraço, Ana

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 To André Oliveira - verbos reflexivos  –  Ana M  07/ABR/2005, 1:33 PM
Re: To André Oliveira - verbos reflexivos  –  André Oliveira  07/ABR/2005, 1:53 PM
Re: To André Oliveira - verbos reflexivos  –  Ana M  07/ABR/2005, 4:12 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K