[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana M
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  08/ABR/2005 11:23 AM
Assunto:  Re: to Ana

Mensagem:  Hi Alexandre! Thank you for the great tip! I will look into this group :) :) :) Portland can be a great place to visit if you come at the right time of year. Most of the year the weather is either awful or unpredictable. However, summer usually starts for sure after or during the July 4th weekend, I've noticed (our Independence Day). AFter that, summer can continue sometimes through October. In November, sometimes the weather stays good but usually it is the beginning of the rainy season and starts to get cold. It usually snows at least once a year (tho' it seems never ON Christmas). To me, who grew up in sunny California, there are not enough sunny days in the year here, but for people who grew up here, a cloudy day that is not too hot or too cold, maybe even just a little rainy, is perfect! I went out the other day and it was kind of overcast, not a patch of blue sky in sight, but with a comfortable temperature and no rain (hard to describe the kind of white/light grey background on which you can still see even whiter clouds), and in passing a lady walking, she commented on this weather saying, "Isn't it beautiful?!!" So to her, a "Portland native," it was a beautiful day, for me it was just okay. So, that's why I recommend visiting between July and October, to get the best, most predictabe, weather Portland has to offer. Let me know if you plan a trip in the future. The web, as you know, can help a lot, too. Sometime a visitor to a place knows more about it than the people living there . . . Thanks again for your tip! I need to make some Brazilian friends, don't I? Sorry for all the English -- it just rolls off my fingers, whereas the Portuguese crawls along like a snail . . . Have a great day! :):):) Um abraço, Ana

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
To Ana  –  Alexandre  08/ABR/2005, 1:03 AM
 Re: to Ana  –  Ana M  08/ABR/2005, 11:23 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K