[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana M
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  15/ABR/2005 12:22 PM
Assunto:  Re: bater as asas...

Mensagem:  Alo Ricardo! Vou escrever em inglês várias frases dos pássaros voando. Geralmente, usamos os verbos "to flap" e "to beat" para descrever a moção de bater as asas dos pássaros, mas usamos também como espalhar quando o pássaro começa a voar. The eagle SPREAD its wings and began to fly towards the field. In a flash, it swooped down and grabbed a rabbit in its talons and flew back to its nest with the prey. An eagle is a "bird of prey," ave de rapina. I let my canaries out flying and they FLAP their wings so fast I am unable to see the distinct movements. They are small birds, a little bigger than hummingbirds (beija-flor), that BEAT their wings so fast it takes a slow-motion photograph to capture the motion clearly. It is beautiful to watch birds in flight. They seem to take off with such determination and land sometimes with incredible precision; sometimes they just sail along with the wind effortlessly. Migrating birds fly over great distances. Some birds are more graceful in flight than others. Have you ever seen a bird dive down into the ocean and snap up a fish in its beak? Well, there're a few flying verbs -- hope this helps you, Ricardo. Um abraço, Ana

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
bater as asas...  –  Ricky  15/ABR/2005, 10:21 AM
 Re: bater as asas...  –  Ana M  15/ABR/2005, 12:22 PM
Re: bater as asas...  –  Ricky  15/ABR/2005, 5:00 PM
Re: bater as asas...  –  Ana M  15/ABR/2005, 9:34 PM
Re: bater as asas...  –  Ricky  18/ABR/2005, 11:37 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K