[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  15/ABR/2005 6:29 PM
Assunto:  Re: rinse x rinse out

Mensagem:  Wash the towel and rinse it out or it will still be stiff and dirty. Wash the towel (Action involving soap and water.) rinse the towel (action requiring clean water with no soap) If you wash it and then don't rinse it (your hair, your towel, your socks, your shirt, etc) then the dirt and soap will be there. Only by rinsing it will the dirt and soap be removed. Then you wring it out. (enxugar) This gets the rinse water out. Once you wring it out then you should do it again. Wring it our completely and it will dry quicker. The "w" in wring is silent. It is pronounced the same as ring (ring on your finger, ring of a bell, ring around Ricardo's bath tub), etc. Yes, we say "rinse," "rinse off" and "rinse out" depending on the work being done. After I wash my hair I rinse out the soap. After I wash my back I rinse off the soap. (the soap didn't go into my back but it did go into my hair) Then I rinse my whole body. Gets me squeaky clean!! I rinsed the soap and dirt off of the car. I rinsed the sand out out of the car trunk (a mala do carro). One is in and the other is on.....make sense?

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
rinse x rinse out  –  Ricky  15/ABR/2005, 5:06 PM
 Re: rinse x rinse out  –  Tom  15/ABR/2005, 6:29 PM
Re: to TOM-rinse x rinse out  –  Ricky  18/ABR/2005, 11:15 AM
Re: -rinse  –  Ricky  18/ABR/2005, 1:02 PM
To RICARDO  –  Johannes  18/ABR/2005, 1:05 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K