[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana M
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  16/ABR/2005 12:25 AM
Assunto:  Re: Estudos na Rússia

Mensagem:  Alo Alexandre! Did you visit the website listed in their message? It is very well done, very informative (it looks quite legitimate). Select the Brazilian flag and you will see the info in Portuguese. Their "testimunha" [sic] section, however, only has entries in Spanish, so probably there have not been too many Brazilians sutdying there, which is why they are seeking students from Brazil, não é? -- to add a little more flavor, a little more Latin spice to the mix :):):). Since you are a man, if this is what you want to do, then visit their site and learn what is required. As a woman, I would be more cautious, and would advise any women responding to their message to be very careful. However, men can get into trouble over there, too, so be careful whenever you are there. Whether these people are legitimate or not, there are plenty of unscrupulous people worldwide waitiing to take advantage of foreigners and this would apply to all of your dealings over there, not just at the school. I've always been a little bit fascinated with Russia, though the climate is just a little too cold for my taste. I read a little Pushkin and Tolstoy and several of Ivan Turgenev's novels years ago and his "Fathers and Sons" for some reason is my favorite book of all time. I read it again every couple of years. Oh, I think you asked me about being German or something, Alexandre... I was born in Munich, but I was adopted and brought to the US when I was 3. I am a "naturalized citizen." Good luck to you in your endeavors! :):):) Um forte abraço, Ana

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Estudos na Rússia  –  ASSOCIAÇÃO LATINO-AMERICANA RUSSA  14/ABR/2005, 4:21 PM
Re: Estudos na Rússia  –  Fabio  14/ABR/2005, 6:35 PM
Re: Estudos na Rússia  –  Alexandre  15/ABR/2005, 3:59 PM
 Re: Estudos na Rússia  –  Ana M  16/ABR/2005, 12:25 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K