[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana M
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  16/ABR/2005 6:15 PM
Assunto:  Re: vacation time

Mensagem:  Hi Tom! I've been called worse . . . I don't know if I qualify. Doesn't the military dad have to stay with the military mom? I didn't grow up moving from place to place like that. My "real" dad was indeed in the US Army and my "real" mother was an "east-zone German with Polish ancestry." That's about all I know about them. I do know my given German name, but don't want to put it out on the internet. My adopted dad's brother and wife were in the army stationed in Germany and they picked cute, little, young me out of an orphanage over there. Took 1-1/2 years to work out the adoption papers (way back then ...). Both of my brothers are adopted also, though they are US-born. It's funny when sometimes people tell us we look alike . . . Well, sounds like you have a lot to ponder as the sun goes down... Hope you have a great time, Tom! :):):) And Jackie! :):):) Um abraço, Ana P.S. I guess you probably won't see this until next Saturday, so I guess you're still ponderin' as I write this . . .

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
vacation time  –  Tom  16/ABR/2005, 9:54 AM
Re: vacation time  –  Johannes  16/ABR/2005, 10:11 AM
Re: vacation time  –  Tom  16/ABR/2005, 11:29 AM
 Re: vacation time  –  Ana M  16/ABR/2005, 6:15 PM
Re: vacation time  –  Tom  16/ABR/2005, 7:45 PM
Re: vacation time  –  Ana M  16/ABR/2005, 10:12 PM
Re: Tom's website  –  Paulo  18/ABR/2005, 10:28 AM
Re: Tom's website  –  Ana M  18/ABR/2005, 11:20 AM
Re:to TOM- vacation time  –  Ricky  18/ABR/2005, 11:29 AM