[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana M
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  25/ABR/2005 11:15 AM
Assunto:  To Tom

Mensagem:  He's back!!! :) :) :) God bless you, Tom! Did you have a nice vacation? Have you seen what a mess I've been making of things while you were gone? Did you see what I wrote to Alexandre (or one of the Alexandres)? I joined a "meetup" group for Portuguese speakers and ended up becoming the group's "organizer," after learning via e-mail that the previous one stepped down (the "meetup" site initiated a monthly fee payable by organizers recently). So I thought it would be a good idea to step in but have had no response whatsoever, other than the few people who had RSVP'd re an event and at least have not changed their minds and one "maybe" and one very nice e-mail from a group member who is in Africa right now. [Note, I inherited a 57% rating to begin with . . .] If you h ave time, can you take a look and see if I've written my messages OK or if there is any way I can make the invitation more appealing. (The previous owner has e-mailed everyone in the group about starting up a group of his own on another site.) To get to the site, go to "meetup.com" then search for "portuguese language + portland oregon" Then scroll down to "The Portuguese Language Meetup Group" and select the 2nd one (which is for Portland Oregon not Portland Maine). Sorry, this is the easiest way I've found to get there. Also, people must think I'm a dog for not putting my own foto in, but I prefer to remain anonymous on the web and don't have a decent current photo available, anyway. I'm hoping to get a group foto when we meet on May 6th. Also -- bonus -- since last night I've added some photos I took while I was in Brazil -- so you can take a peek at some of my "work" -- taking into consideration that even with contact lenses my eyesight limits me to using auto-focus cameras . . . :) :) :) Hope this fits into the forum -- I do need help here re "cultural relations" . . . Um abraço, Ana

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 To Tom  –  Ana M  25/ABR/2005, 11:15 AM
Re: To Tom  –  Tom  25/ABR/2005, 11:51 AM
Re: To Tom  –  Ana M  25/ABR/2005, 1:27 PM
Re: To Tom  –  Tom  25/ABR/2005, 3:20 PM
Re: To Tom  –  Ana M  25/ABR/2005, 4:50 PM
Re: To Tom  –  Tom  25/ABR/2005, 5:13 PM
Re: To Tom  –  Ana M  25/ABR/2005, 5:56 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K