[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana M
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  27/ABR/2005 1:04 PM
Assunto:  Re: Port – Frases correctas?

Mensagem:  Hi Maria! Thank you again! [Boy, did we disagree on that other post! I must admit I had been reading and studying Portuguese for months (and had even made a trip to Brazil) before I started listening to radio from Brazil on the internet.] Re the crase, it goes way beyond male/female nouns for me, many of which I know and I have Houiass downloaded on my computer for quick reference. There are so many other factors, the most confusing of which seem to be related to prepositions and which verbs require one after them and also this use of para/a. It seems that every time I try to use à, someone, such as yourself this morning, suggests using "para" as a better way of expressing "to." There is also something about using it with geographical names (cities, states, etc.) regarding which I have no relative concept in English (and, trust me, people have already tried to help me with this concept). I know one learns to write from reading and I should devote more time to reading. When I do this, however, I often come across instances where the crase is or is not used and I have trouble understanding why . . . So, it's best to let me just try to use it now and then. Before I try again, I will see if using "para" would also be appropriate. . . Unfortunately, I got my earliest experience writing Portuguese via e-mail using no accents whatsoever over/under the letters (and no corrections from my correspondent); my learning has been off and on and with no real structure, though I've got a slew of reference books. Thank you again for all of your assistance this morning. :):):) Um abraço, Ana

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Port – Frases correctas?  –  Ana M  27/ABR/2005, 10:44 AM
Re: Port – Frases correctas?  –  Maria Valeska  27/ABR/2005, 11:08 AM
Re: Port – Frases correctas?  –  Ana M  27/ABR/2005, 11:38 AM
Re: Port – Frases correctas?  –  Maria Valeska  27/ABR/2005, 11:52 AM
Re: Port – Frases correctas?  –  Ana M  27/ABR/2005, 12:14 PM
Re: Port – Frases correctas?  –  Maria Valeska  27/ABR/2005, 12:38 PM
 Re: Port – Frases correctas?  –  Ana M  27/ABR/2005, 1:04 PM
Re: Port – Frases correctas?  –  Márcio Osório  27/ABR/2005, 3:37 PM
Re: Port – Frases correctas?  –  Ana M  28/ABR/2005, 2:23 AM