[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana M
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  28/ABR/2005 12:56 PM
Assunto:  Re: Ingles Arcaico

Mensagem:  Alo Israel! I just did a Google search to confirm that the St. James version of the Bible will have this throughout its particular edition. E veja só: "Our Father, who art in Heaven Hallowed be Thy name Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done On earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread . . ." I have always thought that the Bible is a great language study reference -- it's printed in all of them and covers every subject in the Bible! Copies are free. :) :) :) I guess the trick is to get it in the other language, but I'm sure any church could be of help in this. I picked up a copy of O Novo Testamento during a trip to Brazil . . . The thing I have to watch for is the usage of "you" in Portuguese, which is often in the familiar or formal form of address, not the more useful "third person" form of the verb (for one who is not studying formal usage). If you are not religiously inclined, you could try a Google search using those words: "English + thou + thy" -- algo assim. I hope this helps you. :) :) :) Good luck! Um abraço, Ana

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Ingles Arcaico  –  Israel  28/ABR/2005, 11:56 AM
 Re: Ingles Arcaico  –  Ana M  28/ABR/2005, 12:56 PM
Re: Ingles Arcaico  –  Alexandre  29/ABR/2005, 4:12 AM
Re: Ingles Arcaico  –  Ana M  29/ABR/2005, 9:30 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K