[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana M
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  01/MAI/2005 10:09 PM
Assunto:  Re: To Ana

Mensagem:  Alo Márcio! Obrigada pela resposta! Well, of course, you know I was just joking! I wouldn't seriously ask anyone to show up at a meeting that looks like it will have only 2 other people! I'm losing confidence in the viability of this group. I may just end up joining the crowd and following the previous "organizer" who has gone over to a different website. Maybe that's why I have only 2 other people so far who have RSVPd. Oh, well, just goes to show they just want to hang out and not do a real exchange like we are able to do on EMB! Which is fine with me -- I have found out about 2 Brazilian restaurants in town now and have learned a lot on the "organizer forum" -- organizers have quit right and left because the site wants to charge them. I thought it was a nominal amount and so offered to do so, but the website seems to be headed down the tubes . . . That guy wrote to me again at about 8:30 p.m. PST and gave me his phone #, wanting me to call and join him and his friends at a movie downtown! So I think he has poor judgment but is probably harmless. I have been pouring over (estudando intensamente) the print out I made of your "senão" post. You write way over my head, you know? It's very good for me because it makes me really search for the pro/noun and ad/verb and in/direct object, etc. (who's doing what to whom) I think this is one of those words I will study for a week like I did with "baixo" :) :) :) I looked it up on my Houiass CD today and it shows it as a "conjunção, preposição, substantivo," and – as two words – the "conj. se seguida do adv. não" No wonder it's a tough one for me! Thank you again, Márcio. Um abraço, Ana . . . Hey I got a new one for ya: Here's what was in our church bulletin today: "Clever! The Italian journalists have already dubbed him: Papa-Ratzzi." :):):)

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
To Ana  –  Ricky  29/ABR/2005, 12:31 PM
Re: To Ana  –  Wauber  29/ABR/2005, 1:12 PM
Re: To Ana  –  Ana M  29/ABR/2005, 1:38 PM
Re: To Ana  –  Ana M  29/ABR/2005, 1:36 PM
Re: To Ana  –  Ricky  29/ABR/2005, 2:59 PM
Re: To Ana  –  Ana M  29/ABR/2005, 4:28 PM
Re: To Ana  –  Ricky  29/ABR/2005, 5:03 PM
Re: To Ana  –  Ana M  29/ABR/2005, 7:20 PM
Re: To Ana  –  Márcio Osório  29/ABR/2005, 8:47 PM