[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Miguel Vieira
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  23/MAI/2005 5:07 PM
Assunto:  Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng

Mensagem:  First of all, Pat, congratulations on your knowing the Portuguese word 'imergir'. It's kind of a "big" word - for a gringo, that is. You may be right; I probably confused the two "near opposite words". You see, I am after all a non-native speaker and sometimes through the constant translation in my head I use "near opposite" words in English. That you so correctly noted that as a possibility is applaudable. Anyway, as far as what I have to say about the content of your post, my stance stays the same; and that is, only through complete immersion will you get the Portuguese fluency that you desire. Good Luck

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  pat  21/MAI/2005, 8:48 AM
Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  Miguel Vieira  21/MAI/2005, 4:34 PM
Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  pat  23/MAI/2005, 9:14 AM
Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  Marcelo  23/MAI/2005, 10:34 AM
 Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  Miguel Vieira  23/MAI/2005, 5:07 PM
Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  Zeca  24/MAI/2005, 6:36 AM
Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  Ran  24/MAI/2005, 6:43 AM
Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  José Roberto  23/MAI/2005, 12:26 PM
Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  Márcio Osório  23/MAI/2005, 8:01 PM
Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  José Roberto  24/MAI/2005, 10:17 AM
Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  Breno  23/MAI/2005, 12:57 PM
Re: Misleading connection between Port and Eng  –  Johannes  23/MAI/2005, 5:29 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K