Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  01/JUN/2005 5:33 PM
Assunto:  Re: Preencher um cheque
Mensagem:  In English the "folha" that you tear out is the "check" or, in some places it's a bank draft. We make out checks. That means we take a pre-printed form and fill in the spaces with words and numbers. Then we sign the check. The phrases "make out a check" or "cut a check" are the most common. To cut a check means to issue a check using a machine. I think that goes back to when payroll checks (pagamento de salários) or income tax refund checks were done for a lot of people all at once. The machine printed and then cut the checks automatically. Someplaces it's called filling out a check; someplaces it's filling in a check. Just depends on who's talking. Please make the check out to "Smiley Face" and I'll deposit at my bank. make out the check: preencher um cheque

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

 English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Preencher um cheque  –  Ik  01/JUN/2005, 5:24 PM
 Re: Preencher um cheque  –  Tom  01/JUN/2005, 5:33 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K