[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tiago
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  01/OUT/2005 11:52 AM
Assunto:  News/advice

Mensagem:  A counterfeiter is someone who counterfeits, that is, someone who makes unauthorized copies of objects, usually with the intent to defraud. It is common to hear about counterfeit money, counterfeit CDs, counterfeit works of art, counterfeit documents, etc.

A bootlegger is someone who makes or sells illegal liquor (alcoholic beverage). It is the same as moonshiner.

About teaching grammar to your student, I am probably not the best person to answer. I would say it depends a lot on the student, on his/her interests, on his/her age, etc. One thing that you should have in mind is that grammar should come as a natural consequence of exposure to the language, rather than forced memorization of rules. You could show several examples of correct grammar usage (emphasizing a certain topic), from books, magazines, movies, songs, etc. and try to induce your student to come up with the grammar rule himself/herself. If you succeed in applying this "reverse" teaching method, I am sure the student will be more likely not to forget the rule easily, and will have a lot of correct usage examples in mind.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
News/advice  –  Uriel RS  30/SET/2005, 8:46 PM
 News/advice  –  Tiago  01/OUT/2005, 11:52 AM
News/advice  –  Ricardo - EMB -  01/OUT/2005, 12:01 PM
News/advice  –  Dale/RS  01/OUT/2005, 12:10 PM
News/advice  –  orlando  01/OUT/2005, 3:28 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K