PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana M
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  15/OUT/2005 11:23 PM
Assunto:  Power of Attorney

Mensagem: 

Hi J Santana!

I have a doubt myself. Legal documents do occasionally have mistakes and typographical errors. It is unclear what the pronoun "itself" refers to and you have "ellipsed" some of the preceding text, which could give a clue. Legalese is hard enough to understand in context, much harder out of context. Can you provide 2 complete sentences prior to "any itself" and also include the sentence to the end, as it is incomplete in that direction also. Then I'll have another go at it :)

Generally "itself" would refer to a single entity or person and there are 2 or more people in the text you have cited who can act either together or separately on behalf of whoever is granting them this Power of Attorney.

Um abraço,

Ana

(aka Ann)

As it is, it appears to me to already be lacking something (I'll indicate the place and offer a sample in brackets (and bold it and "connecting text"):

Hereby, ample, complete and sufficient Power of attorney is granted to you, so that jointly or separately in our name and behalf [you shall] appear in action before any kind of Administrative or Judicial Authorities and natural or juridical private persons, to present any kind of legal actions, . . .

Also, whether it's a typo or not, both the P and A in Power of Attorney should be capitalized (or they can both be small letters, but not one capped and the other not)

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Power of Attorney  –  J. Santana  15/OUT/2005, 2:40 PM
 Power of Attorney  –  Ana M  15/OUT/2005, 11:23 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K