30/OUT/2005 9:55 PM
- To the same extent or degree; equally: The child sang as sweetly as a nightingale.
- For instance: large carnivores, as the bear or lion.
- When taken into consideration in a specified relation or form: this definition as distinguished from the second one.
- To the same degree or quantity that. Often used as a correlative after so or as: You are as sweet as sugar. The situation is not so bad as you suggest.
- In the same manner or way that: Think as I think.
- At the same time that; while: slipped on the ice as I ran home.
- For the reason that; because: went to bed early, as I was exhausted.
- With the result that: He was so foolish as to lie.
- Though: Great as the author was, he proved a bad model. Ridiculous as it seems, the tale is true.
- In accordance with which or with the way in which: The hotel is quite comfortable as such establishments go. The sun is hot, as everyone knows.
- Informal. That: I don't know as I can answer your question.
- That; which; who. Used after same or such: I received the same grade as you did.
- Chiefly Upper Southern U.S. Who, whom, which, or that: Those as want to can come with me.
- In the role, capacity, or function of: acting as a mediator.
- In a manner similar to; the same as: On this issue they thought as one.
Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens
English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
As Chester B 30/OUT/2005, 3:45 PM
As Johannes 30/OUT/2005, 4:30 PM
As Chester B 30/OUT/2005, 9:25 PM
As Chester B 30/OUT/2005, 9:29 PM
As Tiago 30/OUT/2005, 9:55 PM
Contents of this forum are copy-free.