ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Lou
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  08/NOV/2005 8:17 PM
Assunto:  To Dale - like white on rice

Mensagem: 

Oh Dale!That's a great idea indeed!..If you could daily post an expression/ slang here, it would be awesome! No doubt at all about people having or not interest in them. Almost everyone does Dale. I consider myself a real idiom / slang freak. And believe it or not...when I read yours..`like white on rice`. I immediately went for it!!...researched and found it...is it true that it's more associated with the South than the North of the USA? And what's really interesting and essential is to see them in a context...exactly the way you put them...so we can learn how, in what situation to use them. You see, I've recently learned....`like a big dog`(intensely)..`like a bat out of hell` (fast)..and `like a cat on a hot tin roof`(nervous)...but to tell you the truth. I don't know how to use them...don't feel confident enough about usage...I'm sure you get what I mean....Anyway...it's a brilliant idea you got there..really hope this whole thing works out...keeping my fingers crossed here:)..any contribution will certainly be widely welcomed!

Take care, Lou

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
To Dale - like white on rice  –  Gus.  08/NOV/2005, 1:31 PM
To Dale - like white on rice  –  Dale/RS  08/NOV/2005, 6:18 PM
 To Dale - like white on rice  –  Lou  08/NOV/2005, 8:17 PM
To Dale - like white on rice  –  Ricardo - EMB -  08/NOV/2005, 11:09 PM
To Ricardo - expressions  –  André Oliveira  09/NOV/2005, 6:59 AM
To Dale - like white on rice  –  André Oliveira  09/NOV/2005, 6:58 AM
To Dale - like white on rice  –  Rick Leal  09/NOV/2005, 8:02 AM
To Dale - like white on rice  –  Lou  09/NOV/2005, 9:29 AM