Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale/RS
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  28/NOV/2005 4:35 AM
Assunto:  Double question: Me or I and Thanks or thank you?

Mensagem: 

(1) Who the hell messed the desk like this?" (no problems here?)

I would suggest:

"Who the hell messed up the desk like this?"

or

"Who the hell messed the desk up like this?"

(2) Does "thank you" sounds more grateful than thanks?

"Thank you" is slightly more formal than "thanks".  I don't see one form as showing more gratitude than the other.   

(3) If I'm not a liar, shoud I use "me" or "I"?

Movies and song lyrics are not the best sources in the world for grammar lessons.  The English heard in them is often very colloquial and colorful, but it is often full of errors and mistakes.       

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Double question: Me or I and Thanks or thank you?  –  Fabricioaugusto  26/NOV/2005, 1:31 PM
Double question: Me or I and Thanks or thank you?  –  Tiago T.  26/NOV/2005, 5:44 PM
Double question: Me or I and Thanks or thank you?  –  Fabricioaugusto  26/NOV/2005, 6:20 PM
Double question: Me or I and Thanks or thank you?  –  Tiago T.  26/NOV/2005, 7:21 PM
Double question: Me or I and Thanks or thank you?  –  Fabricioaugusto  26/NOV/2005, 7:33 PM
Double question: Me or I and Thanks or thank you?  –  Tiago T.  27/NOV/2005, 10:48 AM
 Double question: Me or I and Thanks or thank you?  –  Dale/RS  28/NOV/2005, 4:35 AM
Double question: Me or I and Thanks or thank you?  –  Fabricioaugusto  28/NOV/2005, 7:40 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K