Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  28/NOV/2005 8:23 PM
Assunto:  What happened to this native speaker?

Mensagem: 

I will.  I was out of town on vacation.  Got back and got a new computer.  I was going to take one of the hard drives out of the old one and put it in the new one but they are not compatible.  So, I've been really busy transferring and/or saving photography files. 

I'll jump back into the forum as soon as our homeowners' association holds the annual meeting.  That's like a meeting of everyone in a condominium but it's houses and not apartments.  Each owner of a home has one vote in the proceedings.  We have an annual budget to support common areas and the lake.  I am the president of the association and have to work with several committees to keep the standards of the community high.  Our property increases in value every year because we maintain it well.  It's volunteer work and it takes more of my time than I would like but I accepted the responsibility and have to do the work.

It's all part of being a grown up.  Oh, don't worry, I did take time out to go see Harry Potter e o chalice de fogo!!  Tom

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
What happened to this native speaker?  –  Miguel Vieira  28/NOV/2005, 3:12 PM
 What happened to this native speaker?  –  Tom  28/NOV/2005, 8:23 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K