[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Miguel Vieira
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  23/JUN/2003 9:45 PM
Assunto:  Re: Cape Cod

Mensagem:  That's very philosophical of you, by claiming that the term "illegal" is inappropiate. I actually agree with you. But there's something you need to know; the American government is very imperialistic and racist. As you pointed, Argentinians and Urugayans benefit from the visa waiver program, they can enter the United States without a visa. Why! Are their economies significantly better than Brazil's? I don't think so. Although, Argentina is no longer part of the visa waver program(Its economy crashed), I still don't think it should've been given that privilege in the first place, as its economy as always been kinda equal to that of Brazil, as far as I know. Now, here comes another deciding factor, /whiteness/, Argentina is associated with whiteness, whereas Brazil is associated with "mestizagem". As America is a white supremacist country, it would not take a rocket scientist to figure out why they once included Argentina and Uruguai in the Visa-Waver program, and refused to include Brazil. The motivations are rather obvious to me... I know you may find this message to be a little controversial, but I implore you to read it critically and tell me what you think. cheers, -Miguel Vieira

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Cape Cod  –  Miguel Vieira  22/JUN/2003, 6:01 PM
Re: Cape Cod  –  pat  23/JUN/2003, 8:54 AM
Re: Cape Cod  –  Miguel Vieira  23/JUN/2003, 1:56 PM
Re: Cape Cod  –  Jonas  23/JUN/2003, 7:45 PM
Re: Cape Cod  –  Miguel Vieira  23/JUN/2003, 9:05 PM
Re: Cape Cod  –  Rodolfo  23/JUN/2003, 9:19 PM
 Re: Cape Cod  –  Miguel Vieira  23/JUN/2003, 9:45 PM
Re: Cape Cod  –  Jonas  23/JUN/2003, 10:15 PM
Re: Cape Cod  –  pat  24/JUN/2003, 9:20 AM