[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Marcio Osorio
E-mail:  rec165701@yahoo.com.br
Data:  28/JAN/2006 6:03 PM
Assunto:  To Marcio.

Mensagem:  Deivis, I don't know why I write the way I write. Some of the regulars at the other forum have found my writing style about as bizarre and about as useless as a fart in a spacesuit. Fortunately, opinions have varied over the years; some of the folks I talked to seemingly approved of it, some utterly rejected it on any basis.

What it takes? Continue to read as much as you can; practice conversation as much as you can. At any given time. Put yourself on an automatic immersion mode at all times. If at the kitchen cupboard you find none of your favorite glasses, try to make this fact known in English by mentally saying something like, "Where did all my glasses go?"  Pretty soon you will develop your own brand of English. Or your own style. With a lot of style.

It really does not take a rocket scientist to figure English out. Just don't press yourself or fret over it, okay? It all will come easy to you.

Just ask Ann M how she aprende o português como ela aprende. How does she do it?

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Provérbio  –  Carla  26/JAN/2006, 9:14 PM
Provérbio  –  Marcio Osorio  26/JAN/2006, 11:17 PM
Provérbio  –  Ana M  26/JAN/2006, 11:58 PM
Provérbio  –  carla  28/JAN/2006, 9:03 PM
Provérbio  –  Breno  27/JAN/2006, 4:13 PM
To Marcio.  –  Deivis  27/JAN/2006, 7:15 PM
 To Marcio.  –  Marcio Osorio  28/JAN/2006, 6:03 PM
To Marcio.  –  Ana M  28/JAN/2006, 7:45 PM
Provérbio  –  Marcio Osorio  28/JAN/2006, 5:33 PM