Autor:  Dale/RS
E-mail:  dale.thomas@hy.com.br
Data:  29/JAN/2006 12:59 PM
Assunto:  French

Mensagem: 

I found the following at:  www.cesar.umd.edu

Slang Terms for Use and Users:

Bulking up or Juicing - Using steroids

Roid Rage - Episodes of rage, aggression, and/or violence.

Juiced Up or Freaky - A person who is very large and thought to be using steroids

Blending - Using steroids with other drug(s)

Doping - Steroid use specific to athletic competition

Stacking - Using a combination of anabolic steroids, often in combination with other drugs

Cycling - Taking multiple doses of steroids over a specified period of time, stopping for a time and starting again

Pyramiding - When users slowly escalate steroid use (increasing the number of drugs used at one time and/or the dose and frequency of one or more steroids) reaching a peak amount at mid-cycle and gradually tapering the dose toward the end of the cycle

"Shotgunning" is related to the use of steroids at infrequent intervals.

For French, have you seen a series of books with "Sem Esforço" in the titles?  I have Inglês Sem Esforço, and it's quite good.  (I also have a copy written for English speakers entitled Italian Without Toil.  Good text.) The series has lots of short, interesting conversations, often with humorous dialogues.  Grammar is covered, but the emphasis is clearly on conversation.  I believe the series is printed in England.  It's a very painless way to learn another language. 

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
French  –  Carla  29/JAN/2006, 9:09 AM
French  –  pat  29/JAN/2006, 10:52 AM
 French  –  Dale/RS  29/JAN/2006, 12:59 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K