PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Lou
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/FEV/2006 7:34 PM
Assunto:  Lou /Recordar é viver

Mensagem: 

A sign of the times huh Orlando??..:)

Let me ask you something...do you have any idea what it was to receive a telegram?? to answer the doorbell...what doorbell!!...noooo...there was no doorbell...LOL....the courier clapped in front of the house...:)..then there it was.A telegram,like you've said ...bringing either joy or sorrow. Of course, human beings as we all are, we  were always expecting for the worst!:)...all the anxiety involving that moment of opening it, and everybody around to read it!!

Silly, stupid thing I'm writing here one might say...but it's true!...receiving a telegram was a real big deal!!:)

And sending one??? so expensive it was!..Gosh!..we had to leave out dots, commas, prepositions...whole words sometimes in order to save some small change...:)

I wonder how much longer it’ll take to kill off traditional print media like Newspapers?

In my humble opinion, I guess it won't take much longer...and no surprise at all,  given the general industry trend that is shifting advertising dollars/reais from print to the Web... all focusing on taking advantage of the immediacy, personalization and richness (video reports) that the Web offers...

Orlando, I value so very much everything I've lived so far, but honestly...just keep them in my memory. All this new technology we have access to nowadays fascinates me!

Be well,

Lou

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Lou /Recordar é viver  –  orlando  03/FEV/2006, 4:17 PM
Lou /Recordar é viver  –  Miguel Vieira  03/FEV/2006, 5:30 PM
Lou /Recordar é viver  –  orlando  03/FEV/2006, 6:26 PM
 Lou /Recordar é viver  –  Lou  03/FEV/2006, 7:34 PM
Lou /Recordar é viver  –  orlando  06/FEV/2006, 12:57 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K