ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Deivis
E-mail:  deivis_fsilva@yahoo.com.br
Data:  05/FEV/2006 4:32 PM
Assunto:  Expressions

Mensagem: 

Hey Guys How are you all doing? I'm all excited lately because I've been hanging around with this Canadian guy, who has just got in Brazil and is supposed to stay here till August. I mean, every foreign estudent knows how difficult It is to find somebody to practise English with outside the school. As for myself It's way harder since I'm no longer taking English classes. Anyway, we kind of made a deal. I'll teach him Portuguese and he's gonna help me with my poor English. As long as I love to participate on this site, I'll post all the expressions, idioms, fhrasal verbs, odd words I find different or unusual he teaches me. So that you guys will be able to comment on it, share your point of views, and learn from It to boot.

Yesterday when we were chatting he said these expressions:

Last night, we were wating at his place till eight o'clock for a girl who was supposed to go dancing with us. Then he said, " If she doesn't turn up, tomorrow I'll give her hell".

Soon afterwards she got there saying that It wouldn't be possible for her to come along with us because she had personal problems to sort out. Then he said, tongue in cheeck, I'll disown you, you have the giltrip. Folks, you should see how beautiful she is, so that he could help saying that she was an eye candy, an smoking hot girl and that she had an our glass figure.

We went out at this bad club here in Suzano and met some chicks. When I asked his opinion about one of them, to what he said: Go for it, you got the dibs on her, give it to her. That's all for now folks, fell free to comment on it, and if I'm not being a pain in the ass, to proofread it as well.

Thanks in advance.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 Expressions  –  Deivis  05/FEV/2006, 4:32 PM
Expressions  –  Johannnes  05/FEV/2006, 4:51 PM
Expressions  –  Deivis  05/FEV/2006, 6:06 PM
Expressions  –  Dale/RS  05/FEV/2006, 7:16 PM
Expressions  –  Johannes  06/FEV/2006, 11:13 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K