ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale/RS
E-mail:  dale.thomas@hy.com.br
Data:  18/FEV/2006 10:20 AM
Assunto:  "cerol"

Mensagem: 

I know nothing about "cerol".  It must be a kind of wax.  It's going to be interesting to learn about it.

Many years ago I got interested in Korean kites.  As I recall, we used "string" and "line" interchangeably.  We also used a device to bring in and let out the kite quickly.  I'm pretty sure we called it "reel" (as in "fishing reel" / "carretel") and "spool".  It was a rather large wooden device.  The string/line was wound around a square wooden frame mounted on a free-turning axle.  One end of the axel extended from the wooden frame about 15 cm and was used as a handle.  We could brake the line/string by touching the frame with the free hand or with the thumb of the hand holding the reel/spool. 

The kite was small, about 60 cm by 20 cm.  The upper third was usually white, but it was always of a color different from the rest of the kite.  No tail.  The kite would move in the direction of the white end.  To change directions, we would release a few feet of string, the kite would flutter a bit, and then we'd brake the kite when the white panel was pointed in the direction in which we wanted the kite to move.  The kite was EXTREMELY maneuverable.  With a little practice, anyone could make it go back and forth, up and down, on tangents, etc. 

Good luck with your kite flying!  It's a fun sport!

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
"cerol"  –  Student  18/FEV/2006, 1:17 AM
 "cerol"  –  Dale/RS  18/FEV/2006, 10:20 AM
"cerol"  –  Fox Fox  18/FEV/2006, 12:29 PM
"cerol"  –  Dale/RS  18/FEV/2006, 2:02 PM
"cerol"  –  cerol sim  21/FEV/2006, 11:35 AM
"cerol"  –  Deivis  22/FEV/2006, 12:28 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K