[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  pat
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  18/FEV/2006 3:05 PM
Assunto:  To Pat-Fluente em inglês deixa de ter "vant

Mensagem:  Paulo, its true that one can find some sort of English spoken in many parts of the world. I don't agree with you on your other points, however.

I havn't been to Brazil, so I don't know, but I just fail to comprehend how there could exist any compulsion  for Brazilians to speak English, in Brazil, with other Brazlians. It really makes no sense.

And in my experience, NSE Americans in the US rarely ever hassle anyone over the way they speak English. As someone already mentioned here, it is quite uncommon. In fact, Americans who do that are often ridiculed by others for their narrow-mindedness (and they often speak a narrow brand of English themselves). America was and is built on immigrants who are not native-speakers. Tolerance for non-native speech of English is built into the culture in most  places.  In fact, it is so widespread and habitual that the problem  for most immigrants is that  the native-speakers never correct their mistakes,  even when the native-speaker  is having trouble understanding the non-native.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Fluente em inglês deixa de ter "vantagem eco  –  Paulo  16/FEV/2006, 12:13 AM
Fluente em inglês deixa de ter "vantagem eco  –  Breno  16/FEV/2006, 3:08 PM
Fluente em inglês deixa de ter "vantagem eco  –  Miguel Vieira  16/FEV/2006, 5:02 PM
Fluente em inglês deixa de ter "vantagem eco  –  Rodolfo  16/FEV/2006, 6:15 PM
Afraid of native speakers?? HAHA  –  Fabricioaugusto  16/FEV/2006, 10:30 PM
To MiguelFluente em inglês deixa de ter "van  –  Paulo  17/FEV/2006, 12:22 PM
To MiguelFluente em inglês deixa de ter "van  –  Marcio Osorio  17/FEV/2006, 2:42 PM
To MiguelFluente em inglês deixa de ter "van  –  Paulo  17/FEV/2006, 4:31 PM
To MiguelFluente em inglês deixa de ter "van  –  Miguel Vieira  17/FEV/2006, 5:29 PM
To MiguelFluente em inglês deixa de ter "van  –  Paulo  17/FEV/2006, 5:35 PM
To MiguelFluente em inglês deixa de ter "van  –  Miguel Vieira  17/FEV/2006, 5:44 PM
To MiguelFluente em inglês deixa de ter "van  –  pat  18/FEV/2006, 10:39 AM
To Pat-Fluente em inglês deixa de ter "vant  –  Paulo  18/FEV/2006, 12:49 PM
 To Pat-Fluente em inglês deixa de ter "vant  –  pat  18/FEV/2006, 3:05 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K