[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Marcio Osorio
E-mail:  rec165701@yahoo.com.br
Data:  24/FEV/2006 7:45 PM
Assunto:  Fear this

Mensagem:  How 'bout all those shopping carts hurled across the mall's parking lot? Won't some of them end up blocking other motorists' rear or even slamming against the other parked cars?

Watch out for that lady/gentleman emptying your cart the minute you turn your back to pick up a fresh watermelon! They have every reason to do so because, as they say, "I didn't see you [so finders, keepers]."

Keep an eye out for approaching, innocent- or decent-looking gentlemen at intersections. They usu. tote a .38 caliber thing that goes bang-bang. "Gimme your friggin' 'celular' an' all you got. NOW!" they will say and you will give.

On Feb. 8 I got robbed again. At the Joana Bezerra bus terminal in Recife-PE. Had to hand my A57 Siemens cell phone and some cash over to yet another citizen so "tão bonzinho" he had to level a Taurus coagulator at my head just to prove it. After taking my little belongings, he walked away in not much of a hurry. Thank God. If he so desired, he might have taken me for a ride in my own car, dump my dead body somewhere on the skirts of town and conveniently use the car for robberies. On a modus operandi basis, some do just that, some burn your car down, while you desperately try to figure out a way of getting out of the trunk they drove you around town in.

Seen a lot worse happen? Let's hear you.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Fear this  –  Katia  24/FEV/2006, 12:58 PM
Fear this  –  Dale/RS  24/FEV/2006, 1:40 PM
Fear this  –  Luana  24/FEV/2006, 2:36 PM
Fear this  –  Dale/RS  24/FEV/2006, 4:08 PM
Fear this  –  Breno  24/FEV/2006, 5:02 PM
Breno/Fear this  –  Dale/RS  24/FEV/2006, 7:22 PM
 Fear this  –  Marcio Osorio  24/FEV/2006, 7:45 PM
Fear this  –  Amadeu  24/FEV/2006, 10:37 PM
Fear this  –  pat  26/FEV/2006, 9:45 AM