PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale/RS
E-mail:  dale.thomas@hy.com.br
Data:  07/ABR/2006 7:50 AM
Assunto:  Mulher no volante perigo constante

Mensagem: 

http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/samurai.htm

Weren't they making Lada Nivas in Uruguay?  I wonder if they still do.

My "Sammy" (Samurai) was a two door hardtop (4 passengers).  The convertible was much more popular. It had what amounted to a "rollbar" that some thought made the vehicle safer in a rollover.  There weren't many things you could to do the engine in California, but in other states extensive modifications could greatly boost the power of the vehicle.  A nephew told me that this Samurai could "...climb a tree."  I drove it, and I believe it.  I think it was in the Bahamas that the police used them.  My Samurai had "no guts", no power at all.  Let me tell you, it was quite a shock the first time I went up a hill on a freeway in heavy traffic.  On both sides of me, I had cars going 100 kph or faster as I was struggling in the Samurai to do about 60 kph while looking for an opportunity to get as far to the right as possible.

My Samurai was a "lemon".  Shortly after buying it, the transmission went out while I was on a freeway early in the morning.  I expected to see bits and pieces flying through the air at any second.  I had one problem after another with it. 

The GEO Tracker was larger, more comfortable, and a lot faster on the highway.  I had few problems with it during the 150,000 km or so that I drove it. 

Both vehicles had manual four wheel drive.  The driver stopped the vehicle, used a special gearshift to go into four-wheel-drive, exited the vehicle, and manually rotated a device on the front axle.  It only took a moment, and wasn't much of a bother.  I never had to use snowchains.  In the mountains, several times I was on steep roads where four wheel drive was necessary, and I was really happy to have it.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Mulher no volante perigo constante  –  jose rocha  06/ABR/2006, 7:01 AM
Mulher no volante perigo constante  –  Márcio Osório  06/ABR/2006, 8:07 AM
Mulher no volante perigo constante  –  Dale/RS  06/ABR/2006, 8:34 AM
Mulher no volante perigo constante  –  Márcio Osório  06/ABR/2006, 10:28 AM
Mulher no volante perigo constante  –  Dale/RS  06/ABR/2006, 11:55 AM
Mulher no volante perigo constante  –  Marcio Osorio  06/ABR/2006, 10:22 PM
 Mulher no volante perigo constante  –  Dale/RS  07/ABR/2006, 7:50 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K