[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  José Roberto
E-mail:  josezambon@merconet.com.br
Data:  15/SET/2002 2:09 PM
Assunto:  Re: The car blue ...

Mensagem:  Hello Gilberto For what you've written, are you a teacher? Well, I don't have all the theoretical knowledge to discuss such issue but I believe that these exchanges of information help us a lot in teaching and learning a foreign language (It would be better if we could learn in a second language environment but not everyone has this possibility). Marcos Bagno in his book "A língua de Eulália" says that the native speakers of a language in first instance do not commit mistakes, they start using or writing some aspects that naturally have been created in a given community, but a foreign speaker runs more risks to commit a mistake than a native speaker. For what I understand what Ricardo says, we have to check if the sentence "sounds good" or at least if it has already been used by a native (or even someone or a community who have been in the second language environment for a long time) and to tell you the truth Gilberto I've never seen this structure so far, and even if a well-known English writer has used such structure, it would be rare or strange in the language. What you proposed to analyse makes sense but I think that it's better use the classical "Blue car". Good luck José Roberto

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
The car blue ...  –  Gilberto Ramos Domingues  15/SET/2002, 9:29 AM
 Re: The car blue ...  –  José Roberto  15/SET/2002, 2:09 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K