[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Lilica
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  16/ABR/2006 8:25 PM
Assunto:  Translation

Mensagem:  Thank s all of you , specilaly Dale . This song La Bamba is part of  a school project .

Dale your information is very useful and important to me .I  didn’t have this History  as well as Geography background and I found this paragraph while I was searching for some explanation about this song  , so I couldn’t realize that it wouldn’t be faithful. As a matter of a fact ,I’m trying. To make a kind of interdisciplinary project and I was about to ask a History teacher to talk about the  influence of African music  in Mexico ( He would laugh at me ! it’s a pity because I thought it  would be great to add some African influence ).  By the way, I’m going to include in this project the subjects : Spanish ( of course!) , English ( the students are going to make a version of the lyrics and see the film La Bamba in English ) , Portuguese (the teacher is going to show the polissemic meaning of the word Bamba in Portuguese( completely different from Spanish) and the students will listening Ana Carolina’s song Ela é Bamba and discuss about its theme ) . At the end of the project the students are going to make a presentation and perform a dance ( Arts).

Do you have any suggestion how could I include other subjects like Geography , History , science o, Physical Education ? Any other suggestion to work with this song ?

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Translation  –  Lilica  16/ABR/2006, 5:31 PM
Translation  –  Tiago T.  16/ABR/2006, 5:57 PM
Translation  –  José Roberto  16/ABR/2006, 6:16 PM
Translation  –  Dale/RS  16/ABR/2006, 6:30 PM
 Translation  –  Lilica  16/ABR/2006, 8:25 PM
Translation  –  Dale/RS  19/ABR/2006, 3:50 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K