ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Johannes
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  18/ABR/2006 10:20 AM
Assunto:  version: parágrafo I

Mensagem: 

Rafael, I tried my hand at it. Better versions may come up.

The technique, often confounded with charlatanism, has been rehabilitated by science through treatments of illnesses that go from pain to vitiligo.

At first sight, the idea of undergoing ( to subject oneself to) a surgery with little or no anaesthesia, only by hypnosis, is disturbing. The fear to feel pain still traumatises the human being. Even so, this choice has been made by an ever larger number of patients. In centres as the Hospital of Liège, in Belgium, and the  London's Middlesex Hospital, in England, surgeries under the effect of the hypnosis are already routine. In Brazil, the technique is attracting those who need to undergo an intervention or an even a more uncomfortable examination, like the magnetic resonance. During this procedure, it’s necessary for the sick person to stay immobile for many minutes, quite an exploit for who is anxious to know what he /she has. In the Cedirp Clinic, in Ribeirão Preto (SP), 12 patients are hypnotized every week before passing through examination. "Years ago, they were rare", says the anaesthetist Cristiane Walnut, who applies the technique.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
version: parágrafo I  –  Rafael  18/ABR/2006, 9:30 AM
 version: parágrafo I  –  Johannes  18/ABR/2006, 10:20 AM
version: parágrafo I  –  Rafael  20/ABR/2006, 6:10 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K