ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Johannes
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/MAI/2006 12:01 PM
Assunto:  Despachante - II

Mensagem: 

It maybe interesting for Brazilians to know that there are countries where the job of dispachante simply doesnot exist. Why not? Because the burrocracy is such that normal

people can deal with it. I remember registering a second hand car in my name in Holland some 15 years ago . This was done at the postoffice. It took about 30 seconds which was the time the woman needed to type my name and some particulars. Until today in Holland and the UK, maybe also Germany, people don't have an identity card. Most of the time people now show their driving licence if need be, like opening a bankaccount.

The institution of despachante comes from Portugal of course, but here these guys have  less and less to do these days. Portugal is slowly learning from the other european countries that a blue paper with 25 lines and a water stamp  with a signature recognized by a notary is no guarantee for it to be a good document. In a country where in the past a licence for a cigarette lighter was needed, we seem to slowly progress.

While you can now set up a company in one day (in the past 3-4 months),

just a few  weeks ago new legislation was brought out requiring 7 different licences for those who want to rent out rooms to tourists. Problem is nobody knows where and how to obtain the licences and those who are suppossed to give them, don't know how to do it on what form etc ( firebrigade). So the light at the end of tunnel is not yet near.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Despachante  –  Josi  02/MAI/2006, 7:19 PM
Despachante  –  Antonio  02/MAI/2006, 8:02 PM
Despachante  –  Marcio Osorio  02/MAI/2006, 9:40 PM
Despachante  –  Dale/RS  03/MAI/2006, 7:12 AM
Despachante - II  –  Dale/RS  03/MAI/2006, 7:48 AM
 Despachante - II  –  Johannes  03/MAI/2006, 12:01 PM
TO Jo- Life in Portugal  –  Paulo  03/MAI/2006, 12:10 PM
TO Jo- Life in Portugal  –  Maria Valeska  03/MAI/2006, 1:33 PM
TO Jo- Life in Portugal  –  Johannes  03/MAI/2006, 1:54 PM