ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale/RS
E-mail:  dale.thomas@hy.com.br
Data:  31/MAI/2006 1:06 PM
Assunto:  Aumentando o vocabulário

Mensagem: 

Poliana, you are quoting me (Dale), not José.

To listen to shortwave programs, you need a radio capable of picking up shortwave programs.  I'm trying to be ironic, just stating a fact.  I bought such a radio at a camelô in Porto Alegre for just a few pilas.  R$20,00?    A good shortwave radio will cost more than one found at a camelô, but they need not be expensive.  I have a Sony I bought for around US$80 and a very small Grundig that cost about US$30.  There's no need to buy a fancy, expensive one unless you are an SWL (shortwave listening) fanatic, as I once was.   

The radio stations I named are quite powerful and can be heard on most shortwave radios without an exterior antenna.  Such antennas, if you want to improve reception, are easy to make and cost very little.  They are needed for the smaller, weaker stations. 

By the way, most shortwave stations have excellent programs in English regardless of the country:  Radio Tahiti, Radio Moscow, Radio Havana, Radio Japan, etc.  I don't recall the name but I used to listen to one in Quito that broadcasted in English.  All of these stations are quite strong.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Aumentando o vocabulário  –  Jorge  30/MAI/2006, 3:16 PM
Aumentando o vocabulário  –  Dale/RS  30/MAI/2006, 3:47 PM
Aumentando o vocabulário  –  José  30/MAI/2006, 6:54 PM
Aumentando o vocabulário  –  Dale/RS  31/MAI/2006, 2:01 AM
Aumentando o vocabulário  –  José  31/MAI/2006, 8:32 AM
Aumentando o vocabulário  –  Poliana Mello  31/MAI/2006, 11:57 AM
 Aumentando o vocabulário  –  Dale/RS  31/MAI/2006, 1:06 PM
Aumentando o vocabulário  –  Poliana Mello  01/JUN/2006, 10:18 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.