[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  pat
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  02/OUT/2003 2:02 PM
Assunto:  Re: ensinando sem visual

Mensagem:  Howdy Jose, I think the people who are completely illiterate (analfabetos mesmo) will probably not apply for the class; but yes, you make a good point, there will probably be a number of persons who are funtionally illiterate. This almost makes it more difficult, because if we ask them (in private, as you say) whether they can read and write, of course they will say yes. However, we will find later that their skills are not good enough to keep up with most of the class. I'm not in charge of the protocols for the class; I will just be an aide and additional model for native pronunciation. In fact, I think it is unlikely that anyone will be questioned beforehand, so if they struggle badly they will probably just drop out, unfortunately. This is always a problem in these large classes, there is a wide range of natural abilities and education levels within the group. It was the same in my first Portuguese class, with about 15 people or so. The class wasn't simple and slow enough for the slowest, and not nearly advanced enough for the quickest and more literate. Also the instructor was not a native-speaker nor a trained teacher.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
ensinando sem visual  –  pat  01/OUT/2003, 1:51 PM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  André Oliveira  01/OUT/2003, 4:05 PM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  pat  02/OUT/2003, 9:06 AM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  José Roberto  02/OUT/2003, 1:14 PM
 Re: ensinando sem visual  –  pat  02/OUT/2003, 2:02 PM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  José Roberto  02/OUT/2003, 2:47 PM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  pat  02/OUT/2003, 7:26 PM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  Sarah  01/OUT/2003, 7:12 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.