[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  pat
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  02/OUT/2003 7:26 PM
Assunto:  Re: ensinando sem visual

Mensagem:  Boa tarde Jose - no 'furtherly'(that I know of), just 'further' or 'furthermore'. The odd circumstance of a non-native Port instructor has to do with the high degree of Brazilan population on this small island. He is native-English speaking American, born and raised here; but his 'namorada' is a Brasileira whom he met here and afterwards spent winters with her in Rio. So he is quite fluent in 'Carioca'. However, as I alluded to before, he is not a gifted teacher of language and has little knowledge or interest in grammar or structure in any language. Although the class did serve to whet my appetite to learn Portuguese, it did little more than that. I'm on my fourth semester now since that first class, they have all been better but we have yet to have a well-trained native-speaking instructor. Still, any native-speaking instructor is better than none. Our current profesora is gravid, so soon we will have a new instructor, of whom I have high hopes. His name is Wagner, I believe he is in Brazil right now but will be back here shortly. Ate Mais

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
ensinando sem visual  –  pat  01/OUT/2003, 1:51 PM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  André Oliveira  01/OUT/2003, 4:05 PM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  pat  02/OUT/2003, 9:06 AM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  José Roberto  02/OUT/2003, 1:14 PM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  pat  02/OUT/2003, 2:02 PM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  José Roberto  02/OUT/2003, 2:47 PM
 Re: ensinando sem visual  –  pat  02/OUT/2003, 7:26 PM
Re: ensinando sem visual  –  Sarah  01/OUT/2003, 7:12 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.