[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  José Roberto
E-mail:  josezambon@merconet.com.br
Data:  10/OUT/2003 1:03 PM
Assunto:  For M Robertson

Mensagem:  Esta vai para o Mrobertson (This one is for MRoberston) Dear MRobertson Yeah, I'd call you a 'Metamorfose Ambulante' (ask your Brazilian friends about it, they'll give a good feedback on it) you use digressions analogies and other somehow tricky features on your messages that for me, a non-native speaker of English, could lead to miusdenstandings. But by no-means I'll cease admiring your knowledge and I must fess up (nice expression!!) and admit that you've got style! You said: "This conciliatory and exhausting account has made me realize how much easier it is to simply adopt an opposing position and argue reactively from it." Please, my way is the way of the latin-blooded and I love defending my points of view and then maybe I'll get a colder thought about the issue (remember our first discussions on verb-paradigms of the languages? Now I entirely agree with you) Have a nice weekend and if you got the time and opportunity you can see our Football Champion and see how Cruzeiro is the best football team nowadays in Brazil. José Roberto

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 For M Robertson  –  José Roberto  10/OUT/2003, 1:03 PM
Re: For M Robertson  –  m robertson  11/OUT/2003, 6:03 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K