[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  José Roberto
E-mail:  josezambon@merconet.com.br
Data:  12/NOV/2003 1:06 PM
Assunto:  Re: Mixed groups

Mensagem:  Dear Camy I wish I was successful as you have been for since my debut up to now I can surely say that most of my groups were like the one you are having problems and sometimes worse. How can one help you? What have you tried so far? I used to have this kind of question on my mind when facing such situation, we know that it gets very frustanting for a serious teacher has objectives and really wants their pupils to learn some English, but these are our goals, how about their goals? Do they really want to learn English now? How do they perceive life? What do they want in the long term? Have they ever thought about it? Teenagers are limit testers by nature and they'll always challenge us, it doesn't matter by questioning your command/knowledge of English or testing your patience, I've found out that sometimes being rigid and simply imposing things works fines (you do have to work in group now, no way out!) I think the most valid way to surpass such situation is sparing some minutes and think over the matter, asking your self questions and trying to answer them, and in the end, the worse and more challenge the group is the more experience you will acquire. Good luck José Roberto

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Mixed groups  –  Camy  12/NOV/2003, 12:39 PM
 Re: Mixed groups  –  José Roberto  12/NOV/2003, 1:06 PM
Re: Mixed groups  –  Teacher Vitor  13/NOV/2003, 4:13 AM
Re: Mixed groups  –  Camy  13/NOV/2003, 11:13 AM
Re: Mixed groups  –  Fabio  13/NOV/2003, 3:52 PM
Re: Mixed groups  –  Camy  13/NOV/2003, 10:23 PM
Re: Mixed groups  –  Fabio  13/NOV/2003, 10:37 PM
Re: Mixed groups  –  carmen  14/NOV/2003, 4:24 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.