[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  30/NOV/2003 12:13 PM
Assunto:  Answer to Miguel

Mensagem:  Hey Miguel, I'm a transplanted northerner. I was born in New Jersey but moved to Japan when I was four. Went back to New Jersey when I was eleven and stayed there for four years. Then I started a journey that took me to many places around the world....the orient, Africa, Europe, South America, the Pacific, etc. In 1997 I moved from Brasilia to Huntsville, Alabama. I had never lived there but thought it would be a perfect place. Huntsville is the home of the International Space Station and much of the early space program. It's a high tech town with sports, symphony, four seasons, good libraries, three universities, etc. But something was missing.....We (my wife and I) wanted to be near the beach. Did I want to move to Recife or Fortaleza? Yes. Would it be a smart move? No....too far from the grandchildren. So, my wife and I started looking for a place in Florida. We looked at places up and down the west coast. Last fall, when we were in Pensacola on vacation we decided this was the place. We bought a small piece of land and had a house built. So, now we are southerners by choice, Tom

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Memphis  –  Cibélle  28/NOV/2003, 5:11 PM
Re: Memphis  –  Ken  28/NOV/2003, 5:23 PM
Re: Memphis  –  Cibélle  28/NOV/2003, 6:10 PM
Re: Memphis  –  Miguel Vieira  28/NOV/2003, 6:30 PM
Re: Memphis  –  Tom  28/NOV/2003, 8:13 PM
Re: Memphis  –  Beto  28/NOV/2003, 9:09 PM
Re: Memphis  –  Cibélle  29/NOV/2003, 9:59 PM
Re: Memphis  –  Miguel Vieira  29/NOV/2003, 6:23 PM
 Answer to Miguel  –  Tom  30/NOV/2003, 12:13 PM