Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Nai-san
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/DEZ/2003 12:36 PM
Assunto:  Re: How to maintain my English?

Mensagem:  Hi! I've been in your shoes Gabs!! I've spent four AMAZING years in Arizona and now I'm settled in Brasília. It's been seven years since I came home and I'm still head of the class in english! Sure! Joining a special english school as an extra-activity is a nice way! But be sure to pick a really good school!! I've been in one but it was horrible! The teachers didn't have a clue of what they were doing!!! If you don't have people at home who can talk to you in english then join an online chat or group or something. Keep contact with your friends from U.S.A. Listen to music and rent subtitled movies instead of dubbed ones (a whole lot better by the way!). Like to write? Keep a diary in english (since you said no one you knows how to speak english, there's no risk people reading what you wrote!! ^_~) My brothers forgot completely how to speak english and my dad has a terrible accent. Mother only learned spanish while she was there so I'm the only one who really knows how to have a good conversation!! Bottom line is: KEEP PRACTICING!! DON'T EVER GIVE UP ON IT!!

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
How to maintain my English?  –  Gabriela  11/NOV/2003, 3:37 PM
Re: How to maintain my English?  –  André Oliveira  11/NOV/2003, 4:23 PM
Re: How to maintain my English?  –  Teacher Vitor  13/NOV/2003, 4:27 AM
Re: How to maintain my English?  –  Miguel Vieira  11/NOV/2003, 6:34 PM
Re: How to maintain my English?  –  carmen  14/NOV/2003, 4:40 PM
Re: How to maintain my English?  –  SANDRO EVANGELISTA  11/NOV/2003, 7:09 PM
Re: How to maintain my English?  –  FOXFOX  16/NOV/2003, 7:18 PM
 Re: How to maintain my English?  –  Nai-san  03/DEZ/2003, 12:36 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.