ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale/CR
E-mail:  dale_thomas2004@yahoo.com.br
Data:  15/ABR/2007 3:29 AM
Assunto:  To Dale

Mensagem: 

Other than the French, is there anyone who doesn't like the French?  LOL  They get a bad rap (they not generally liked) in the USA.  A friend had many French friends and was married to a French lady for the happiest five years of his life.  When she died, a part of him died too.  Her death was over 30 years ago and he still hasn't recovered fully.  I met a French photographer years who kept me spellbound with his stories about Spanish gypises and his life in the French military.  Great guy. 

Most intolerance, I believe, has its roots firmly planted in ignorance.  Will Rogers, a great American and a wonderful humorist, said, "I never met a man I didn't like."  The more people we meet, the more we know, perhaps the more tolerant of others we become. 

I've had people hate me because of my nationality or color.  Now, if they had known me I could have understood why they didn't like me!  Heck, that's just good common sense and taste!  However, for someone to judge me without taking the trouble to know me, that was a little too much. 

On the other hand, you have those darned people from Iceland...

LOL   

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
To Dale  –  Alexandre  15/ABR/2007, 12:46 AM
 To Dale  –  Dale/CR  15/ABR/2007, 3:29 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K