ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale/CR
E-mail:  dale_thomas2004@yahoo.com.br
Data:  09/JUN/2007 11:16 AM
Assunto:  Como dizer algumas palavras em Inglês

Mensagem: 

Allen, I never thought of including OR, but it's certainly a form or "liberdade condicional". 

The whole things is a joke, at least in my opinion.  Regardless of the form of "liberdade condicional", it saves the state bucks, and that seems to be its great attaction.  It's cheaper to let someone go home but have them on probation or parole than it is to keep them in a cell.  You'd think that people would take advantage of a second chance to straighten out their lives, but so often its truly a revolving door.  I remember one idiot who was on over a dozen grants of probation at the same time.  Before a new conviction could be reported to all the courts, he would be arrested and convicted again.  The last time I saw him, he was in jail on a new charge.  Talk about getting slaps on the wrist...  Around ten years ago I heard California was going to keep parole but do away with parole agents as there were no indications that supervision by an agent had any effect on the outcome of parole.  I'm not convinced that probation is doing any better.  The theory is wonderful.  The reality is disappointing.   

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Como dizer algumas palavras em Inglês  –  Drica  08/JUN/2007, 11:39 PM
Como dizer algumas palavras em Inglês  –  PPAULO  09/JUN/2007, 12:36 AM
Como dizer algumas palavras em Inglês  –  Dale/CR  09/JUN/2007, 3:35 AM
Como dizer algumas palavras em Inglês  –  Allen  09/JUN/2007, 7:14 AM
 Como dizer algumas palavras em Inglês  –  Dale/CR  09/JUN/2007, 11:16 AM
Como dizer algumas palavras em Inglês  –  PPAULO  10/JUN/2007, 2:54 PM
Como dizer algumas palavras em Inglês  –  Drica  10/JUN/2007, 6:07 PM
Como dizer algumas palavras em Inglês  –  PPAULO  10/JUN/2007, 8:16 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.