ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  UPBeer
E-mail:  upbeer@hotmail.com
Data:  16/JUN/2007 9:07 AM
Assunto:  English Teacher

Mensagem: 

I intend to take some time out and spend 3 months in South America. During part of my 'educational holiday', approx. two months in Brazil, I would like to

-           Learn English (top priority)
-           Travel and 'chill'

I am looking for someone who speaks excellent English and preferably Portuguese (man or woman) who’s willing to accompany me on my travels for 2 months. This person's job would be to teach me English for four to six hours a day. The teaching part should comprise mainly conversation – for instance also when travelling – but also grammar based on some sort of textbook. S/he does not need to speak German.

I would take care of the travelling expenses and also compensate you for teaching me with some pocket money.

We wouldn’t just travel from hotel to hotel. I can also imagine spending some time for example going up the Rio Negro in a houseboat and sleeping in a hammock at night. The person accompanying me should therefore also be able to cope in primitive surroundings. I am of course open to suggestions regarding destinations and routes.

S/he should also not mind sharing a room or a pousada with me at times even if female. However, I can assure you that I am very considerate and would respect your private space.

As far as dates are concerned, I would like to start the trip between mid and late September.

You are an adventurous person who would be interested in and enjoy such an experience. You could be a student or someone that speaks English easily. You needn’t be afraid of methodology or didactics, I’d be able to undertake my part in this and ensure that I make suitable progress with your help. The most important thing is good English and pleasant, challenging conversation.

A bit about myself: I’m from Switzerland, 53 years old, married and the proud father of four sons between 18 and 25 years old. I’m taking time off from my own small company, which develops software, techware and webware. I have a basic knowledge of English, understand written, technical English pretty well, but have a great deal of trouble following conversations or even contributing (I got this text translated).

Besides German (mother tongue), I speak a little French and Italian.

I look forward to hearing from you. If interested, send an e-mail to upbeer@hotmail.com .

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 English Teacher  –  UPBeer  16/JUN/2007, 9:07 AM
English Teacher  –  PPAULO  16/JUN/2007, 2:33 PM
English Teacher  –  PPAULO  16/JUN/2007, 2:46 PM
English Teacher - Ooops!  –  MiltonHW  17/JUN/2007, 12:14 AM
English Teacher - Ooops!  –  Dale/CR  17/JUN/2007, 1:54 AM
English Teacher - Ooops!  –  The real Alexandre  17/JUN/2007, 2:37 AM
English Teacher - Ooops!  –  Dale/CR  17/JUN/2007, 10:44 AM
English Teacher - Ooops!  –  MiltonHW  17/JUN/2007, 12:17 PM
English Teacher - Ooops!  –  MiltonHW  17/JUN/2007, 12:19 PM