ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  15/JUL/2007 12:01 AM
Assunto:  Hectic city...I lived in one.

Mensagem: 

Yeah, I lived in Rio de Janeiro for more than fifteen years, and passed through Sao Paulo, even though it was by night.

But is was nothing, compared with my passing in Jaboatao, ouch it hurts! I went breathless and coughing all the way throug it, helpfully the bus Santos-Sao Sebastiao left the region, the worst smog-pollution that I ever seen, I felt like a fish out of water.

In Rio, you know, I saw the re-urbanization of Niteroi, for stance; and every day buses throw out people from the way, marred faces dismemberment and ugly body forms were a constant, until they reasoned that would be better put a number of traffic lights.

Today, the traffic is awfully bad, with stops each 2 or 3 minutes, because of the very traffic  lights, needless to say that they are disynchronized to make drivers stop and stop and  stop.

The side effect is, the drivers run with screeching wheels, and get more and more upset, add to this the noisy, pedestrians that make question on carelessly passing far  from pedestrian crossings, young people on effect of a multitude of substances crossing dangerously and a hot-scorching summer (you could boil an egg in the tarred pavement).

The secret of success, chill out, take it easy.

If you can, leave, go a quieter city or town; but after all that you might be longing to return, ha ha ha.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Agitated city?  –  Danilo  09/JUL/2007, 11:23 AM
Agitated city?  –  Márcio Farias  09/JUL/2007, 1:28 PM
Agitated city?  –  Danilo  09/JUL/2007, 5:54 PM
Agitated city?  –  PPAULO  13/JUL/2007, 3:08 PM
Hectic city...  –  PPAULO  13/JUL/2007, 11:45 PM
Hectic city...  –  Márcio Farias  14/JUL/2007, 7:53 PM
 Hectic city...I lived in one.  –  PPAULO  15/JUL/2007, 12:01 AM
Hectic city...I lived in one.  –  PPAULO  15/JUL/2007, 12:06 AM
Hectic city...I lived in one.  –  ergegergr  18/JUL/2007, 2:51 PM