Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

Autor:  Dale/CR
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  15/JUL/2007 8:22 PM
Assunto:  chalk -face

Exactly, Lika.  The word is relatively new (1991?), and it's used the UK and Australia.  I haven't heard it among American educators, but that doesn't mean that it's not used in the USA too.  By the way, it's also written chalk face and chalkface.  The original meaning is a place where chalk can be found, such as the face of a cliff.




Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

 English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
chalk -face  –  Lika  15/JUL/2007, 7:37 PM
 chalk -face  –  Dale/CR  15/JUL/2007, 8:22 PM
chalk -face  –  Lika  16/JUL/2007, 4:37 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K