ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  15/JUL/2007 10:21 PM
Assunto:  Solicitamos que... - Port>Ing

Mensagem: 

So I came back, I´ll give a kick-off, others can improve it.

I focused in the structure; style and format is up to you.

I kept it as terse as possible.

= = = = = = = = ==

July 16, 2007

Human Resources
Mr Marcio Allday, Supervisor

I request your justifying the absence of work/the leave/day off in behalf of/in favour of my imediate subordinate/employee/engineer  John Doe on July 13, 2007 on the grounds that your presence was required to attend family affairs/to attend ill parent/child [for force majeure event].
    If necessary I/we will give you additional information at 2222-2222 and smbrazilian@skcorp.com.br
  Anything you can do for us will be apreciated. *

Sincerely,

Smart Marcio Brazilian
                                                                                               Finance Department

== = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = = == = = = = = = = == = = =

* (or I would very apreciated if you leave out this absence of his work records albeit the workday will be discounted).

+ + + + + + + + + + +

I made a mix of interculture here,  because I think in most of public instituitions civil servants or employees don´t refund or have any discount by leave off.

Second fact is, where read "I" could read "we", I think the latter is more impersonal, hence in a bigger corporation with big depts and divisions or sections they favour "we".

The level of formality here is medium, the average I found in my searches, if for instance a roadrail owner/CEO was writing to the president of republica or ministries he would close with Yours Sincerely, more likely.

The justifying of your absence don´t necessarily have to do low performance appraisal in Brazil, but in other countries could  be studied, once the book of absences or absences records would be seen at last (in a promotion, demotion or future transfering process this would be analysed).

Not a rule, but these factors can be present in your work life if you are employed in a multinational corporation, where sometimes good performance is required.
  Fighting and alcoholism are major reasons to be fired in the United States for example, along with other minor bad records, but the employee will always have a comprehensive process, so he will not have pretexts not to be dispensed.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Solicitamos que... - Port>Ing  –  Márcio Farias  12/JUL/2007, 7:06 PM
Solicitamos que... - Port>Ing  –  Márcio Farias  13/JUL/2007, 9:35 AM
Solicitamos que... - Port>Ing  –  Johannes  13/JUL/2007, 6:51 PM
Solicitamos que... - Port>Ing  –  PPAULO  14/JUL/2007, 12:24 AM
Solicitamos que... - Port>Ing  –  Márcio Farias  14/JUL/2007, 2:39 AM
Solicitamos que... - Port>Ing  –  PPAULO  14/JUL/2007, 11:27 PM
Solicitamos que... - Port>Ing  –  Márcio Farias  15/JUL/2007, 9:31 PM
Solicitamos que... - Port>Ing  –  PPAULO  15/JUL/2007, 12:52 PM
Solicitamos que... - Port>Ing  –  Márcio Farias  15/JUL/2007, 9:42 PM