ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  01/AGO/2007 10:17 PM
Assunto:  grammar: morally constrained at

Mensagem: 

Alas! Poor thing it´s me, my PC is with a on and off behavior, in other words I turn her on and her screen is blank; sometimes for one or two days, what would be? RAM memory? I don´t know, the switch itself have a bad blood with me? I don´t know why, so that´s why I myself am on and off, I am kinda English-read addicted, thus when I can´t get on-line I read off-line, no problem.

Back to square one; you said I am good at English, very nice of you; I hope one day I will.   Of course, I was worse; in a way that I was trepidant to drop a line, a single line was rocket-science for me.  With the passing of time and reading and a year-course; where I learnt some little things. Althoug was not operational to my writting English, helped with listening; some pronounce (I am awful bad in pronounce) and others skills as well.

I didn´t rely on classes alone, even though I studied English and accessed sites long before going to classes (this helped a bit, on the other hand I was often corrected for bad grammar, you know I like read novels, pocket books etc where I got a "street wise grammar".

In short, there are yet a long way to go.

Anyway, thanks a lot for encarouraging me, I manage a world of tasks, try help my kids with more mundane subjects (elementar Portuguese grammar, chemist, 9th grade math and so on) and juggle the family, read sometimes a Newsweek, Speak Up and all that fall in my hands (unfortunately I am kinda bipolar guy, don´t concentrate in a reading alone, sometimes I read 4 or 5 novels or so at the some time,please don´t do that).

Once more, thanks for acknowledge my learning, and sorry by my talkative-typeative manners today.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
grammar: morally constrained at  –  driekie  27/JUL/2007, 10:37 PM
grammar: morally constrained at  –  PPAULO  27/JUL/2007, 11:43 PM
grammar: morally constrained at  –  m rob  28/JUL/2007, 9:16 AM
grammar: morally constrained at  –  PPAULO  28/JUL/2007, 2:54 PM
grammar: morally constrained at  –  PPAULO  28/JUL/2007, 2:57 PM
grammar: morally constrained at  –  driekie  29/JUL/2007, 5:35 PM
grammar: morally constrained at  –  PPAULO  29/JUL/2007, 6:15 PM
grammar: morally constrained at  –  driekie  29/JUL/2007, 8:09 PM
grammar: morally constrained at  –  PPAULO  29/JUL/2007, 8:35 PM