ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  05/AGO/2007 1:29 PM
Assunto:  Bill Gates' graduation Speech at Harvard

Mensagem: 

He says he did the best of everyone who failed..uh..
= = === = =
   He said that he failed (yeah, he is a dropout indeed, even though he is the

second richest man in the world). Not that being a dropout is a crime; not at all.
   What William Henry Gates III, or Bill Gates mean is that considering your family

(his father was a lawyer of big corporations and his mother was of directory boards

of several banks).   Thus, he attended the best private schools of Seattle (where he was born); then he entered in the Harvard University for a economy major, from wich he quit to devote entirely to Microsoft.

Hey, wait a second; and what about Paul Allen, is he the richest man? the second? or what? so even for it standard we can´t measure the success, hence Bill  H.Gates is warning "Man, study, do what I say, but don´t do what I did".

Isn´t everyone that is a dropout and have such a luck, uh? So, we don´t generalize (take his life history as a example), life is a complicated road so measuring success only by money is kinda telling only half-story.

Don´t we do like Louis Pasciuto (in his heydays) that named your yacht CREAM after the Wu-Tang clap rap song "Cash Rules Everything Around Me.

As an aside, Louis Pasciuto now serves times in a federal prison in USA. (see the real story in Born to Steal by Gary Weiss).

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Bill Gates' graduation Speech at Harvard  –  Deivis  05/AGO/2007, 4:38 AM
 Bill Gates' graduation Speech at Harvard  –  PPAULO  05/AGO/2007, 1:29 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K